Thursday 6 November 2014

New York, I love you


If I had to choose my most favourite place in the whole entire world, it would definitely be New York City. And I'm pretty sure there are thousands of others that would agree with me. The whole city is magical, the moment your taxi drives you into viewing distance of that magnificent New York skyline, you fall in love. I have been to New York once, unfortunately, and have since craved to go back. I went to New York with my boyfriend George in March this year. We visited New York for 5 days and stayed in the New Yorker Hotel, talk about luxury, and the hotel was located in 35th Street which is located 10 minutes away from Times Square, we couldn't have stayed in a more perfect spot! 

On this post I'm going to share with you my time in New York, seeing as it's #throwbackthursday, and maybe try to (which will be hard) describe just how magical New York is.


Not only were we walking distance from Times Square, The Empire State Building was literally down the road. So, all we had to do was walk out of our hotel and there it was. It was pretty amazing. The first night I remember visiting Times Square, and it blew my mind, there was no words to describe. It was the most busiest, brightest and engulfing place I've ever stepped foot in. Don't forget we had been travelling all day, so with the amount of tourists, cars etc I was pretty scared. We also experienced the best pizza on our very first night (and a couple of nights after too) at John's Pizzeria. It was a huge pizza, and when I say big I mean American big. We literally can't eat any pizza without comparing it to John's anymore.


Throughout our stay we visited Rockefeller Centre and went right to the top to see the whole of Manhattan, no view beats the views on top of any skyscraper in New York City. We also got the chance to see a Broadway show while we were there, seeing as George is not a massive theatre lover like me, I couldn't ask for anything like Hairspray, so we chose Jersey Boys. And I loved every bit of it (and I'm pretty sure George did too!) There's something different about watching a show in Broadway, it's got an extra special feel to it. And now, any Jersey Boys song just reminds me of New York.


Macy's was just up the road aswell! It's massive, it took us a couple of hours to walk through and we only done about half of the store.


We even got to experience to of our favourite things! I visited Monica, Rachel, Joey and Chandlers apartment in Friends, it was quite a walk but it was so worth it. Even if George still doesn't understand why. And he got to meet his all time icon Batman, and Bane, and you can see from the picture he loved every minute. 


On another day we visited Central Park, it was massive we only walked around the bottom half. We visited Strawberry Fields, and with both of us being massive Beatles fans, we loved it. We then walked over to The Dakota Hotel, which is the location where John Lennon got shot. It was crazy to think John Lennon had been there over 30 years ago. During our stay, it was rainy and cold, and before we left we had planned to go ice skating in Central Park, which unfortunately got cancelled due to the rain. 


We also got to experience travelling around on a New York water taxi! The boat ride allowed us to visit the 9/11 memorial also, which was so emotional yet eery. The whole place was silent which was lovely. The boat then took us along to see Brooklyn Bridge and Wall Street, the architecture of New York is so incredible. The talent that is shown in the city is one of the best I've ever seen. After sailing near Brooklyn, we then got a close up view of Lady Liberty, with Frank Sinatra's version of New York, New York playing in the background, I even started to well up a little bit. 


If I could, I would go to New York as much as I possibly can, if only I had the money! It definitely was my favourite place on earth, my favourite holiday and all spent with my favourite person. So, if you haven't been to New York yet and experienced it's wonder, then I insist you must go. Now. Or definitely put it on your bucket list. 
I doubt this post has even done it justice!

love,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...